[SOLVED] i want to upgrade my pc

Jul 17, 2019
ive got
CPU: i5 7500 8th gen
gpu: gtx 760
PSU: 600w
RAM: 8GB

and i want to upgrade my gpu to the rx5700 with it bottleneck my CPU?

Solution
If I am not mistaken, that is the Thermaltake LitePower series. In which case it one of their worst quality PSUs.
So I wouldn't put an RX5700 with it, otherwise you potentially risk your PSU taking other components with it if / when it fails. The LitePower are also made for low energy systems, not gaming systems.

Personally, I'd say you need to upgrade to a good quality unit before purchasing a brand new GPU.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Remember that bottlenecks is an overused and dynamic term. No system has 1 bottleneck. Bottlenecks are completely application dependant.
  • In GPU intensive applications, your GPU may be your bottleneck,
  • In CPU intensive applications, your CPU make be the bottleneck,
  • In RAM heavy tasks, your RAM may be the bottleneck.

So most importantly, what are you actually running on this machine (I will guess gaming) and if so, at what resolution? The match generally should be fine, but it is dependant on how you run it.

PSU: 600w
Also, what exact make and model PSU is this?

Jul 17, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Remember that bottlenecks is an overused and dynamic term. No system has 1 bottleneck. Bottlenecks are completely application dependant.
  • In GPU intensive applications, your GPU may be your bottleneck,
  • In CPU intensive applications, your CPU make be the bottleneck,
  • In RAM heavy tasks, your RAM may be the bottleneck.
So most importantly, what are you actually running on this machine (I will guess gaming) and if so, at what resolution? The match generally should be fine, but it is dependant on how you run it.

Also, what exact make and model PSU is this?
thermaltake PSU and im running 1080p

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If I am not mistaken, that is the Thermaltake LitePower series. In which case it one of their worst quality PSUs.
So I wouldn't put an RX5700 with it, otherwise you potentially risk your PSU taking other components with it if / when it fails. The LitePower are also made for low energy systems, not gaming systems.

Personally, I'd say you need to upgrade to a good quality unit before purchasing a brand new GPU.

Solution
Jul 17, 2019
So I wouldn't put an RX5700 with it, otherwise you potentially risk your PSU taking other components with it if / when it fails.

Personally, I'd say you need to upgrade to a good quality unit before purchasing a brand new GPU. If it was a mediocre unit, I'd say upgrade but get rid of PSU ASAP, but the LitePower are not good quality from my understanding.
So I wouldn't put an RX5700 with it, otherwise you potentially risk your PSU taking other components with it if / when it fails.

Personally, I'd say you need to upgrade to a good quality unit before purchasing a brand new GPU. If it was a mediocre unit, I'd say upgrade but get rid of PSU ASAP, but the LitePower are not good quality from my understanding.
what psu should i get and should i upgrade my CPU?