I want to upgrade my power supply

tiltawhirl

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
I have a Dell T1500 with a 350 w supply. I have been upgrading for gaming (Battlefield 4) by adding 8 gigs of ram, 256 gig SSD and a GForce GT 640. It plays well but a friend gave me a EVGA GTX 550 ti which requires a power connection. I don't have any spare connectors and have been wanting to bump up my power supply. Can anyone recommend a supply that with actually fit properly and won't break the bank?

Solution
It might get a little problematic swapping out that PSU in that workstation case, if it is anything like my T3500. Dell has a tab or 2 in the way of the retail PSUs. But usually that can be remedied. I'm just not sure about the T1500. It might not have that issue. Either way, it isn't a big deal.

Any of these 500W to 550W Seasonics should be a good choice for an upgrade. Gives you some needed headroom and capacity for an even stronger card.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It might get a little problematic swapping out that PSU in that workstation case, if it is anything like my T3500. Dell has a tab or 2 in the way of the retail PSUs. But usually that can be remedied. I'm just not sure about the T1500. It might not have that issue. Either way, it isn't a big deal.

Any of these 500W to 550W Seasonics should be a good choice for an upgrade. Gives you some needed headroom and capacity for an even stronger card.

Solution