[SOLVED] I want to upgrade.

darkstraingle

Commendable
Feb 24, 2018
I have gtx 1060 3gb.i5 3570,8gb ram ddr3
i want to upgrade to a ryzen 2600 and buy new ram and a new motherboard .any suggestions, i have a budget of maximum of 250$ i want to upgrade because easy games like cs go run under 100 fps and i get moments where the game just stops for 1-3 mins i think this is because i have a 2k ultrawide monitor

Solution
i want to upgrade to a ryzen 2600 and buy new ram and a new motherboard .any suggestions, i have a budget of maximum of 250$ i want to upgrade because easy games like cs go run under 100 fps and i get moments where the game just stops for 1-3 mins i think this is because i have a 2k ultrawide monitor

Hi... going for a newer cpu isn't a bad idea, although keep in mind at 2k that 3gb frame buffer on your 1060 is going to be a real limit (in order to get that working nicely at 2k you will have to drop texture detail down, otherwise the game will be forced to load textures from system memory which will be very slow).

A really good motherboard for Ryzen is the MSI B450 Tomahawk or Tomahawk...

Hi... going for a newer cpu isn't a bad idea, although keep in mind at 2k that 3gb frame buffer on your 1060 is going to be a real limit (in order to get that working nicely at 2k you will have to drop texture detail down, otherwise the game will be forced to load textures from system memory which will be very slow).

A really good motherboard for Ryzen is the MSI B450 Tomahawk or Tomahawk Max - not the cheapest board but it's well worth the money as have a strong VRM meaning it will support any Ryzen cpu if you ever want to upgrade in the future as well as supporting good overclocks. That will pair well with a 2600.

Ram wise, look for a 2 x 8gb kit of DDR4 3200 ram (e.g. Corsair Vengeance).

CPU wise you could save a bit of money and look at the Ryzen 5 1600 'af' variant as that is actually a re-badge of the 2600 (make sure the part number ends with the letters 'af' rather than 'ae' as the 'ae' is the original first gen 1600 and is quite a lot slower).

Reactions: darkstraingle
Solution

adam19255

Respectable
Dec 13, 2018
For a 2K ultrawide the GTX1060 3GB just can't handle this, a game like CSGO should play well though... as for the crashes I think your system is just overheating, you should clean it if that is the case, if you want to play on 2K with this CPU then a 1650super will be the best upgrade you can do that won't get a bottleneck, a CPU upgrade won't help you gain more fps with the GPU, I suggest you buy this card and then upgrade slowly to a better CPU: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce...5b555943f9e56762a8fb7196ba5d49&language=en_US