Question I want to use a water cooling system

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
But I'm not at all familiar with any of them. All I really want is to basically ensure that my case fans are blowing cool air into the tower for when summer time roles around. My specs are listed below.

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AMD Auros Master
Operating System: Windows 10
Tower: Corsair 570X
GPU: AMD RX 470
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X 3rd Gen
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4
Power Supply: G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts

What kind of cooling system can I fit in this? :unsure:

f955fa1326228284.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Honestly, you're fine as is! If you want you could look into an AIO but that build has nothing on it to warrant the additional cost of a custom watercooling loop(if that's what you're looking at).

If you're still interested , you might want to read through the watercooling sticky to understand what it takes to get a custom watercooling loop up and running. If you're looking for AIO suggestions, a 360mm AIO in the front will be fine but not necessary at all.

As previously stated you don't likely need one in that big case. If you don't plan to overclock the Corsair H60i works great with my 3800x. Your case could take a larger AIO than mine and I would recommend the H100i or similar product.

For me I needed the AIO due to a smaller PC case shoved into a desk. I had to set it up with the front of the case as the intake.

But, you'd probably have better cooling with a Noctua or other passive cooler.

En4ii9p.jpg

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
What problems are you currently having with your system? What are your ambient room temps? Idle and load temps?

When you say 'water cooling system', are you implying a boxed AIO cooler, or an actual custom cooling loop?

Well right now my system temperatures are fine, never going beyond 73°C. Room temp is about 70°C , but that's only because its winter. I have air conditioning and dehumidifiers, but things still might be different during the summer.

Honestly, you're fine as is! If you want you could look into an AIO but that build has nothing on it to warrant the additional cost of a custom watercooling loop(if that's what you're looking at).

If you're still interested , you might want to read through the watercooling sticky to understand what it takes to get a custom watercooling loop up and running. If you're looking for AIO suggestions, a 360mm AIO in the front will be fine but not necessary at all.

🙂 Thanks, I'll check all that out. My deciding factor will be in how well the stock case fans can keep things cool during the summer, we'll see.

As previously stated you don't likely need one in that big case. If you don't plan to overclock the Corsair H60i works great with my 3800x. Your case could take a larger AIO than mine and I would recommend the H100i or similar product.

For me I needed the AIO due to a smaller PC case shoved into a desk. I had to set it up with the front of the case as the intake.

But, you'd probably have better cooling with a Noctua or other passive cooler.

En4ii9p.jpg

🙂Thanks, will keep this in mind.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Oh. Might want to check temps. It's pretty much a given that your room is 70°F, which is @ 21°C, not 70°C which would be 158°F

Most Ryzen with adequate cooling will be @ 40-50°C idle, and see loads @ 70-80°C, case temps/system temps will be closer to @ 25-35°C.

A liquid cooler isn't going to help much (if any) with idle temps, the cpu will decide that, it'll be load temps.