I want your opinion on this build and 1 question about the GPU

nightelfrlz

Commendable
Jan 4, 2019
So here is the build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 192bit PCIe (ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-A6G-GAMING)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Kingston HyperX FURY
Motherboard: ASRock AB350 Pro4
Power supply: Corsair Builder CX550M
Hard Disk: 1TB 7200 rpm Western Digital Blue
Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK

I want to ask is there big difference between the normal version of the ROG-STRIX-GTX1060 and the OC version?

little diff among 1060's, get the cheaper non blower version one
psu is OK but some review failed the tests. I will pick a better one if possible. Budget and country?
No SSD?
B450 is better to have due to better ram compatibility
Major usage?
RX 580 is usually cheaper and on par with 1060.
Throw away the cooler, stock one is good enough for decent overclocking, extra can be spent on an ssd.

nightelfrlz

Commendable
Jan 4, 2019
Budget is about 850$ and the country is Bulgaria. I kinda want to put SSD but will wait till the summer to see if the prices will go down. If they do, I will put one 250GB M.2 2280 Crucial MX500. I'am fan of the Nvidia GPU's so I won't go for Rx580 and the usage it's only for gaming 10-12 h per day

* Corsair Builder Series PSU: Change it. They have a habit of dying at the end of their 3yr warranty. The newer CX/CXM line is a better PSU for lower budgets... Otherwise invest in a higher end PSU around 550-750W.

* Cooler isn't necessary with R5-2600X (all 2000 series CPUs, regardless of X or not, come with a decent/good cooler.)

* Best to upgrade to a 450 board. No worries of if the BIOS has been updated or not, plus improved compatibility with RAM.

* Speaking of RAM: Get at least DDR4-2933, 3200 is the sweet spot. AMD is still a little finicky, so go with RAM known to work at higher speeds.

* As already stated, an RX-580 (or RX590, if priced right) is an excellent alternative to the GTX-1060. Performance is usually pretty close, so just choose the most affordable for your budget. Don't be afraid of a GTX1070 or Vega56 if it fits your budget (although the Vega may require you to bump to a 750W PSU) if you want higher frame rates,

* Most 1060 cards will perform about the same, so if you want to stick to a 1060, ensure it's 6GB, and a cheaper model will be fine. (Blowers, like the FE edition to tend to run hotter, but not necessarily horrendously hot... the multiple-fan designs are probably the better choice overall though.)

If you're waiting until summer to buy, you're more or less exercising your ability and choice selection. It will more than likely be a new game in parts by then. Ryzen 2 (3000 series) CPUs are expected to be announced next week... plus new graphic cards are also on their way from both NVidia and AMD, probably announced next week too.

Note: if Ryzen 2 is as good as leaks suggest, it will be worth the wait. If AMD's next Graphics line is announced, and meets the leaked specs and pricing, they may be a game changer anyway... It could force NVidia to adjust pricing if the numbers are true.