[SOLVED] I was cleaning my pc and decided to remove my cooler to clean it, but now I can't screw it back in

cristobalcan2

Commendable
Oct 6, 2018
So I decided to finally clean my pc and I removed the cooler to do so. However when I first installed the Ryzen 3 2200g stock cooler, I had issues getting the very last screw in. I don't even remember how I ended up getting it in. The last screw in particular always made a creaking noise so I decided to keep it in and use compressed air from inside. However whenever I tried to screw it, it wouldn't budge just like the first time, so I began unscrewing, and the whole thing popped off! Now I can't seem to get the damn thing back on, and I can't buy a new cooler or thermal paste immediately. How do I get my CPU cooler back on?

Update: I removed the whole thing off and found two holes in the cpu screwholes! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?
Update 2: Ok so the backplate was what was preventing me from lining it up and screwing it, but its still a struggle

Last edited:
Solution
If you screwed the screws down individually, all the way in, that would explain its difficulty. Should always just barely start all the screws, then tighten each a few turns in an X pattern or back and forth, until all the screws are screws are set.

cristobalcan2

Commendable
Oct 6, 2018
So I decided to finally clean my pc and I removed the cooler to do so. However when I first installed the Ryzen 3 2200g stock cooler, I had issues getting the very last screw in. I don't even remember how I ended up getting it in. The last screw in particular always made a creaking noise so I decided to keep it in and use compressed air from inside. However whenever I tried to screw it, it wouldn't budge just like the first time, so I began unscrewing, and the whole thing popped off! Now I can't seem to get the damn thing back on, and I can't buy a new cooler or thermal paste immediately. How do I get my CPU cooler back on?

Update: I removed the whole thing off and found two holes in the cpu screwholes! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?
Update 2: Ok so the backplate was what was preventing me from lining it up and screwing it, but its still a struggle

cristobalcan2

Commendable
Oct 6, 2018
alright so no one helped me but i ended up getting in it was just really <Mod Edit> tedious, maybe I should get a new cooler because that was ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you screwed the screws down individually, all the way in, that would explain its difficulty. Should always just barely start all the screws, then tighten each a few turns in an X pattern or back and forth, until all the screws are screws are set.

Solution

cristobalcan2

Commendable
Oct 6, 2018
Yeah I had to do this, still a pain in the backside though