Question I was making a build online and in the notes it says that my motherboard has an extra 4pin connector and my power supply doesn't and Idk what it means

Dakeron

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
The build I'm making on pcpartpicker and this is the full message : The MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

And there's also this message also which I'm not sure what it means or if it affects anything: The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

Thanks for helping

Dakeron

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
The board will most likely run with just the 8 pin CPU power , but for best performance and stability a PSU upgrade with 2 CPU power connections would be the right choice. But yes it should run. EVO is an older design in terms of PSU platforms , I would upgrade in the near future.
Ok thanks, I haven’t bought the parts yet, and I’m trying to keep a budget what psu would you recommend? Also what does the second message mean if you have a chance to answer? Thanks