I was planning to buy a video card for gaming. But sellers have different answers. Help?

Flavyy

Reputable
May 10, 2015
My motherboard is F2A68HM-S1 (AMD); processor is A8 7600; the built in video memory is R7, 1gb.

One seller told me that the R7 video card that I was picking (Sapphire ddr3) would merge with the built in memory of motherboard. But if it is R7 ddr5, the built in will not be used.

The second seller told me that only the video card will work but the built in memory will be is useless.

The third seller told me that the video card will not work and just have to buy R9.

I'm just a student with low budget. So this is a big thing for me. Thank you!

Solution
Here's how it works: You can use dual graphics if you get an r7 250. This also works with the r7 250X (which are all gddr5)

You can also say "I only want to use the video card", disregarding the power of your processor.

I have no idea what you're talking about with "the third seller"

Moral of the story: An R7 250 + your APU will end up giving you the best performance for the least money. Just make sure crossfire is enabled in Catalyst Control Center once you install it.

Edit: What speed is your RAM? If it's slow (1600 Mhz or less) then you wont want to do dual graphics and will want at least an R7 265 / R7 260X / R7 260 / R7 370 to play games with.

jerdle

Admirable
Here's how it works: You can use dual graphics if you get an r7 250. This also works with the r7 250X (which are all gddr5)

You can also say "I only want to use the video card", disregarding the power of your processor.

I have no idea what you're talking about with "the third seller"

Moral of the story: An R7 250 + your APU will end up giving you the best performance for the least money. Just make sure crossfire is enabled in Catalyst Control Center once you install it.

Edit: What speed is your RAM? If it's slow (1600 Mhz or less) then you wont want to do dual graphics and will want at least an R7 265 / R7 260X / R7 260 / R7 370 to play games with.

Solution