[SOLVED] i was planning to buy ssd like samsung 860 evo 1tb or mx500 the price diff bettewn them like 46$ but i like samsung more :(

eslam.topsecret66

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
i have been Search on internet to much and i think i find samsung 860 evo better bec 1 gb of cache momery and i try to find full specs of mx500 didn't saw any cache info or anything so i afriend to get mx500 bec it's cheap like 46$ less than samsung or should go for mx if i not going see to much diff pefrom

eslam.topsecret66

Reputable
Oct 13, 2018
Samsung makes good drives but so does Crucial. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one.
Mx500 is Dram-less but uses your system ram as dram. It also has twice the Endurance rating the Samsung has.
but there something i not understand i saw in the most ssd have cache memory but when i look at mx500 specs not see any info about cache memory so and i was look at internet and i found the ssd should have cache memory to be faster

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Samsung makes good drives but so does Crucial. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either one.
Mx500 is Dram-less but uses your system ram as dram. It also has twice the Endurance rating the Samsung has.

I have Crucial MX500 drives and a Samsung 860 EVO drive. I think your reference to the Endurance is with comparison to the 850 EVO. The endurance, from lowest to highest, of the drives is 850 EVO, MX 500, 860 EVO.

That said, I think you can't go wrong with either - for that big of a price difference, I'd go with the Crucial. That seems like an insane difference in price, usually the 860 EVO and MX 500 are within maybe $10 of each other.