[SOLVED] I was playing with my friends yesturday, then I smelled something over heating. I am really worried.

Oct 23, 2020
I opened my case to check what was happening, I touched the gpu and it was really hot. I dont really know what is happening. I am using it right now and nothing is wrong, I just want to know what happened last night.

Solution
If you have played your GPU on games and it heated it up until the point you could smell something something suggest that something is burning, I would not even play with your GPU right now not until you exam it to see if there any kind of burnt marks on gpu or capacitors.
If you have played your GPU on games and it heated it up until the point you could smell something something suggest that something is burning, I would not even play with your GPU right now not until you exam it to see if there any kind of burnt marks on gpu or capacitors.

Solution
Sep 15, 2020
If I were you, I'd look for swollen capacitors on the motherboard, it looks something like this: (this pic is of a PSU CB btw)
repairing-switching-power-supply-3.jpg

I'd take a good look at the power supply as well. (try to check if you get that overheating smell when you directly sniffing the fan opening/exhaust.