[SOLVED] I was rendering something in Blender. It crashed and made my whole desktop this static green. Now the anything graphics related is just green dots.

Jan 10, 2021
I was rendering a glass grenade in Blender. It was constantly crashing but I just restarted and decreased the sampling and did rendered anyway. It was working for a bit, but I wanted better results. It stopped rendering and made the whole screen green. I restarted the computer immediately. Now the browsers work, some programs work but the whole desktop, other system related and any graphics related programs are just green.

I checked the cables, I took out the RAM, I unplugged the graphics card and plugged it back in. Nothing seems to be working. And I don't know the official term so google isn't helping.

Any amount of help will be fine.

edit: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a GPU driver but the installer has not readable text, so I can't see what I'm clicking. I'll try some more though.

Last edited:
Solution
From the symptoms, it sounds an awful lot like a GPU simply failing, in which case the options are to RMA if you're still within the warranty period or replacement. The fact that you're apparently using some cheap, junk PSU -- specifics are always necessary, even if it's just a picture of the table on the PSU -- greatly increases those odds. Cheap PSUs are one of the most expensive parts you can buy.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
From the symptoms, it sounds an awful lot like a GPU simply failing, in which case the options are to RMA if you're still within the warranty period or replacement. The fact that you're apparently using some cheap, junk PSU -- specifics are always necessary, even if it's just a picture of the table on the PSU -- greatly increases those odds. Cheap PSUs are one of the most expensive parts you can buy.

Reactions: bilguunxdd
Solution
Jan 10, 2021
Thank you. I have fixed the problem, I think. The green static has disappeared and everything seems to be working fine, but I will keep in mind that I have to replace my chinese PSU. And probably shouldn't do some hard work using this computer.