i was thinking about buying a new phone

jeffreyhjkgf1

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
so when i look at some phones first question raises to mind is which is better IPS LCD or AMOLED is it a big difference?, 6gb or 8gb of ram on a phone? does it make a phone better for gaming or what does it do?

IPS:
- Better color accuracy.
- Energy consumption does not change that much with low or high brightness.
- If you crank up the brightness to max, this screen should be brighter and easier to see under direct sunlight.
- IPS does not have burn-in effect
- IPS has problem with dark or black images.
- Produce better white

AMOLED:
- Lower energy consumption under low brightness but higher energy consumption on high brightness. A pro if you like always on e.g. lock screen clock.
- Color reproduction is more punching and contrast is better but accuracy is not good.
- Theoretically has the lower response time, which better for gaming.
- AMOLED should be darker and harder to see under direct sunlight. You can set AMOLED to high brightness too but I would not do that, since you are risking the burn-in effect to happen.
- AMOLED could have burn in effect.
- AMOLED can go for true black or dark.
- Slightly red tint on pure white.

RAM: you can never have enough RAM, as long as you do not have to pay much more the extra RAM :D

Check the pros and cons for each display type :)
Personally, I do not care much about screen type on phones. I pay attention to such stuffs only for TVs and PC/laptop monitors.

jeffreyhjkgf1

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

thank you for you´r response uhm What is The Burn in effect?
and would ram help alot on gaming on a phone? should i bother for the 2 extra gigs of ram or nah?

jeffreyhjkgf1

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

not exactly sorry for late response im looking for a phone on which to emulate on
So my Options are Xiaomi Mi 8 , Pocophone F1, and Oneplus 6

Among these 3:
Xiaomi Mi 8 , Pocophone F1, and Oneplus 6

In my opinion:
Oneplus 6 is the best one, especially due to build quality, but also the most expensive by far, especially compared to Pocofone F1..
Pocofone F1 is the best value but lack of NFC and feels somehow cheap in the hand
I never tried Mi8, sorry, no comment for this one.

jeffreyhjkgf1

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

Oneplus 6 is good but smaller battery and amoled screen and i cant afford it
was thinking about Xiaomi Mi 8 since it is like a hybrid between Pocophone f1 and one plus 6
But at the end im getting pocophone because A. Amoled Screen and B. Smaller battery
i do know amoled are considered better screens but the fact that it drains way more battery on full brightness is a downer for me

my current phone is Plastic and i like it plastic

falling10

Proper
Oct 1, 2018

Well, then Xiaomi Mi 8 is a good option.

TRENDING THREADS