I was trying to install windows 8 on my laptop but was not able to do so as it showed error to install windows on a given part

Sandeep_13

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I was trying to install windows 8 on my laptop but was not able to do so as it showed error to install windows on a given partition format so following a YouTube video I had run diskpart clean command which has deleted all my data and after that I went to market but in the mean time my younger brother had installed windows to it. Now I want to recover my data back as it had some very important data from my office so please let me know if there is any method to recover the data back?

Solution
Short answer is yes.
Long answer is no.
By changing the partition table you changed the way data is written on disk. If you had only changed the partition table you could've reverted using a Paragon USB boot and maybe some data (70%) would've been recoverable.
Since you installed Windows over the old data you will now face thousands of similar files and no way to sort them. So you can't realistically get your data back, it would take days to recover the data and weeks to sort it out.

Andrei N

Honorable
Feb 22, 2016
Short answer is yes.
Long answer is no.
By changing the partition table you changed the way data is written on disk. If you had only changed the partition table you could've reverted using a Paragon USB boot and maybe some data (70%) would've been recoverable.
Since you installed Windows over the old data you will now face thousands of similar files and no way to sort them. So you can't realistically get your data back, it would take days to recover the data and weeks to sort it out.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS