Question I was watching youtube and then my pc freaked out

Nov 5, 2019
So, I was on youtube not really doing anything, just the regular stuff I normally always do, but then the audio started to glitch and when I tried to move my cursor the display feezed and then the cursor was moving in like 1 fps per 3 seconds, it was horrible. I tried to open the task manager to see if some application is taking like all my RAM or something like that, but the PC was so glitchy I had to restart it. So I wanna ask what the hell happened? I need to know what this was, if I should worry, if I should clean my PC or anything else. Thanks for any help.

Nov 5, 2019
Did your computer function normally after next boot ?

What is the speccs, age, OS ?

Do you have updated anti virus installed?
After the next boot it was okay. But when I started it today it did the same thing, just less, but the longer I left it on it got worse.
The PC is around 2 to 3 years old, I have upgraded it's OS to Windows 10 like a month ago, I have 2 anti viruses, thos are Kaspersky anti virus, Avast. I think both are the latest versions and the specs are:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentinum(R)
Ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 770 2GB
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K

Last edited:

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
After the next boot it was okay. But when I started it today it did the same thing, just less, but the longer I left it on it got worse.
The PC is around 2 to 3 years old, I have upgraded it's OS to Windows 10 like a month ago, I have 2 anti viruses, thos are Kaspersky anti virus, Avast. I think both are the latest versions and the specs are:
Processor: Intel(R) Pentinum(R) CPU G4560 @ 3.50GHz
Ram: 8 GB
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 770 2GB
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K

Having 2 anti viruses is really not needed. Worst case senario they will mess up for each other and hog your resources. I would recommend sticking with only Kaspersky.

Also try to have resource monitor open all the time, so you can easily check it when the PC starts acting up again.

Also you are listing 2 different CPU's. Which one do you actually have?

Nov 5, 2019
Having 2 anti viruses is really not needed. Worst case senario they will mess up for each other and hog your resources. I would recommend sticking with only Kaspersky.

Also try to have resource monitor open all the time, so you can easily check it when the PC starts acting up again.

Also you are listing 2 different CPU's. Which one do you actually have?
Right, sorry that was a mistake, I have Intel Core i5-2500K. Also thanks, for the tip with the anti viruses. I uninstalled Avast and the PC is overall faster than before. Still don't understand the thing that made my pc glitch so hard though.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Right, sorry that was a mistake, I have Intel Core i5-2500K. Also thanks, for the tip with the anti viruses. I uninstalled Avast and the PC is overall faster than before. Still don't understand the thing that made my pc glitch so hard though.

Hard to say at this point. But lets see if it happens again and if it does, if you will be able to get something out of task manager.