[SOLVED] I was wondering if this specific all in one pc can be upgraded?

DSzymborski

Titan
You can typically upgrade storage and RAM at most. The GPU and CPU are not upgradeable.

AIOs are essentially "worst of both worlds" machines. You get the pricing and upgradeability of a laptop combined with the portability of a desktop. Companies like selling them because they're such nightmares to upgrade; since they're basically expensive, disposable desktops, anyone who wants better hardware will have to buy a whole new one.

Reactions: Alabalcho
Jun 11, 2020
You can typically upgrade storage and RAM at most. The GPU and CPU are not upgradeable.

AIOs are essentially "worst of both worlds" machines. You get the pricing and upgradeability of a laptop combined with the portability of a desktop. Companies like selling them because they're such nightmares to upgrade; since they're basically expensive, disposable desktops, anyone who wants better hardware will have to buy a whole new one.

I mostly got one because my dad said he did not want a desktop with a tower and wanted
Oh ok because I saw this article: https://edgeup.asus.com/2018/zenaio-pro-z272-is-an-all-in-one-you-can-upgrade-yourself/

Last edited:
All in one desktops are not good to get in most cases, they combine the wort part of a desktop and a laptop. Larger and not mobile easily like a desktop and not up-gradable with most components like a laptop, if any part of it dies you almost always have to toss the whole thing and get a new one since the screen and everything else is in the same box.

TRENDING THREADS