Question i will buy that PCI usb to use 7 External Hard Drives in same time

The Orico card has 7 external USB 3.0 connectors.

The Inateck card has 5 external USB 3.0 connectors, and 2 internal USB 3.0 connectors.

Both have internal SATA power connectors to provide sufficient power for USB devices.

Unless you plan on using 2 USB-connected drives INSIDE your computer case, you would most likely prefer to have the 7 connectors accessible from OUTSIDE your computer case.

Apr 3, 2019
i find that review in amazon on The Inateck but what he mean i cant understand he mean posability hdd have some dangerous to gone with that pci? :

I bought the Inateck Superspeed 7 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card - 5 USB 3.0 Ports and 2 Rear USB 3.0 Ports Express on Feb. 29th 2016. I installed the card and drivers and connected 2 usb hard drives which worked fine. My mistake was not testing to see if each usb port was working. Fast forward to a couple days ago when I bought another usb hd for my Plex server and all the other ports, (5) would not work when I plugged the hd in. I tried a usb stick, phone cable to see if I was getting power and nothing. I contacted customer support and explained the issue but since it is out of warranty I can't get a replacement. This tells me that the card is cheaply made and will fail in the long run. I'm thankful none of my hard drives were damaged. I will be purchasing another brand. Stay away.

Last edited by a moderator:

popatim

Titan
That review you quoted is about a card with several dead ports. Yes plugging in a device like a harddrive into a defective usb port could cause the harddrive to be damaged. This is the risk you take with a port you are using as well, sometimes things break without warning and break other things as well. This is the prime reason we try to always recommend quality power supplies. Your power supply connects to everything and has the possibility of killing everything in your system when it dies. Quality power supplies at least have protections in place to try to prevent this from happening.

Apr 3, 2019
That review you quoted is about a card with several dead ports. Yes plugging in a device like a harddrive into a defective usb port could cause the harddrive to be damaged. This is the risk you take with a port you are using as well, sometimes things break without warning and break other things as well. This is the prime reason we try to always recommend quality power supplies. Your power supply connects to everything and has the possibility of killing everything in your system when it dies. Quality power supplies at least have protections in place to try to prevent this from happening.
how can got it? Quality power supplies at least have protections in place to try to prevent this from happening.

and you think this card good or buy other?

popatim

Titan
It is not good if you want to connect 7 drives to it. It only has 5 external USB ports. The other two will be on the inside of the PC.

If you are happy with 5 drives then it is ok. You will need to install the drivers though but you know this already since you have been reading reviews.

Apr 3, 2019
It is not good if you want to connect 7 drives to it. It only has 5 external USB ports. The other two will be on the inside of the PC.

If you are happy with 5 drives then it is ok. You will need to install the drivers though but you know this already since you have been reading reviews.
ok
but if can connect 7 same time no problem? all hdd external drive

and copy paste files in same time

popatim

Titan
Is USB... Not as reliable as installing internal Sata drives.

USB ports all share the PCIE Bandwidth.
USB Sometimes loses connection to the drive.
Drives may not be recognized at times but work fine in other pc.
Drives often drop to USB2 speeds.

10% of these cards do not work right from the box... You read reviews right?