I will change from radeon to nvidia

dradu20

Honorable
Sep 16, 2017
Hello guys!So i currently have radeon r9 290x and i want to change to nvidia 1060 gigabyte.
So the problem is my pc has the radeon softwear and when i change to nvidia i don't think it will work.How do i uninstall the radeon softwear and how do i install the nvidia ones?(I will also factory reset my pc so i dont know if its going to uninstall automatically my radeon softwear).Thanks in advance!

Solution
First download the Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing or WHQL driver from Nvidia.
You DO NOT NEED Nvidia Geforce Experience. I use it every now and then to record video, then I uninstall it when done.

Second and More Important.
Go to Guru3d and download Display Driver Uninstaller = DDU.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Especially when switching from Team Red to Team Green or vice versa you need to run DDU.
It strips your PC of any and all traces of your old video card driver after a restart, then restarts again.

When your PC restarts, Windows will try to install a Geforce driver. Don't let it install the outdated Microsoft driver.
Cancel that and install the latest WHQL driver you...

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

is the 290x dead?
because a 1060 is not an upgrade

you want a gtx 1070 for it to be an actual upgrade

boot into safe mode f8 or shut down into safe mode. using advance start up under settings..security and updates. when your in safe mode uninstall amd software. power down and remove the old gpu. power up the gpu let windows install the newest known good default nvidia driver. set the display as needed then reboot. on reboot go to nvidia web page for the newest driver.

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
First download the Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing or WHQL driver from Nvidia.
You DO NOT NEED Nvidia Geforce Experience. I use it every now and then to record video, then I uninstall it when done.

Second and More Important.
Go to Guru3d and download Display Driver Uninstaller = DDU.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Especially when switching from Team Red to Team Green or vice versa you need to run DDU.
It strips your PC of any and all traces of your old video card driver after a restart, then restarts again.

When your PC restarts, Windows will try to install a Geforce driver. Don't let it install the outdated Microsoft driver.
Cancel that and install the latest WHQL driver you downloaded from Nvidia.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS