[SOLVED] I will fix my old AIO PC but I need help with choosing GPU

Cardinal RPH

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
hi bro i'm new here
I want to ask. i have old AIO PC (Acer Aspire Z5761) but it is broken. the problem is in the VGA GPU (Nvidia GT 520) can the VGA GPU be replaced with Nvidia GT 710? The slot on motherboard is PCIe with power supply capacity of 220 watts

Image on link:
Picture on my AIO Pc
Extension vertical VGA

Solution
I agree with you. Maybe I'll choose GT 710 because my power supply is only 220 watts it will look better. Maybe if I chose the GT 1030 my power supply wouldn't hold it as well there will be new problems with the GPU case and the AIO case
220watt isn't the issue, it's more whether the PCIE port provides enough power. The PCIE port probably has enough power for a GT 1030. The worst that will happen is it won't work and you will have to return it and buy a GT 710.

I should also mention that if you intend to do any gaming, pick a 2GB GDDR5 version for around 10-12% more performance over the cheaper DDR3 version. Although that is going to be near 2/3 the price of a GT 1030 which should 100-400% faster depending on the game. Also be...
hi bro i'm new here
I want to ask. i have old AIO PC (Acer Aspire Z5761) but it is broken. the problem is in the VGA GPU (Nvidia GT 520) can the VGA GPU be replaced with Nvidia GT 710? The slot on motherboard is PCIe with power supply capacity of 220 watts

Image on link:
Picture on my AIO Pc
Extension vertical VGA
The GT 710 would be a 50-70% upgrade over the GT 520 and uses only about 19watt, so it won't be an issue. You could safely use up to a GT 1030 (35watt), but I don't know if even the low profile version will physically fit inside the AIO case. It looks like it would fit though, so you should be fine to buy any low profile single slot version of the GT 710 or 1030, but you will ned a tool to replace the backplate with the low profile plate that comes packed with the GPU.

Having another look at the GPU, you may have some issues mounting it, but you won't know until you have the GPU in hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardinal RPH

Cardinal RPH

Prominent
Aug 18, 2020
The GT 710 would be a 50-70% upgrade over the GT 520 and uses only about 19watt, so it won't be an issue. You could safely use up to a GT 1030 (35watt), but I don't know if even the low profile version will physically fit inside the AIO case. It looks like it would fit though, so you should be fine to buy any low profile single slot version of the GT 710 or 1030, but you will ned a tool to replace the backplate with the low profile plate that comes packed with the GPU.

Having another look at the GPU, you may have some issues mounting it, but you won't know until you have the GPU in hand.
I agree with you. Maybe I'll choose GT 710 because my power supply is only 220 watts it will look better. Maybe if I chose the GT 1030 my power supply wouldn't hold it as well there will be new problems with the GPU case and the AIO case

220watt isn't the issue, it's more whether the PCIE port provides enough power. The PCIE port probably has enough power for a GT 1030. The worst that will happen is it won't work and you will have to return it and buy a GT 710.

I should also mention that if you intend to do any gaming, pick a 2GB GDDR5 version for around 10-12% more performance over the cheaper DDR3 version. Although that is going to be near 2/3 the price of a GT 1030 which should 100-400% faster depending on the game. Also be sure you are buying the GDDR5 version of the GT 1030 and not the DDR4 version.

Lastly make sure they are single slot cards, because it doesn't look like your AIO system fits a two slot low profile card.

Reactions: Cardinal RPH
Solution