[SOLVED] I wiped my drives while installing Windows 10...now the usb isn't bootable

Jan 22, 2019
It's an HP Stream 13, I've been wanting to do a complete wipe for awhile, which I have (perhaps unfortunately) succeeded at. Upon restarting my computer to see if I really, truly had wiped everything (multiple passes of DBAN had failed previously), I was gratified to see the HP logo was not showing, nor was Windows 8.1 loading. Great, I'll just pop in the usb driver tool I made...and nothing. "No bootable media..." etc. So, is there a way to load the needed USB drivers on the USB drive itself? Or maybe on an SD card? Those are the only inputs I have on this thing...

Solution
You have to go into the bios and set the boot priority to boot from USB. Using another computer, you also have to make a bootable USB stick. Finally, plug that USB into the computer you're trying to install the OS on and follow the instructions.

ctornado

Prominent
Oct 29, 2018
You have to go into the bios and set the boot priority to boot from USB. Using another computer, you also have to make a bootable USB stick. Finally, plug that USB into the computer you're trying to install the OS on and follow the instructions.

Solution