I would like some advice

Zeedy

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Hello there im kinda of new to this forum so im sorry if this is not the correct topic but i would like some advice on building a new system!
So my father gave me the task of building him a new system since his old core2duo pc is painfully slow nowdays!This pc will be used 90% for broswing facebook youtube etc but when i visit them(and i visit them often ) i wanna use it too mainly for editing(premier/photoshop) and sometime maybe gaming but not really!So
OPTION 1
Build a new ryzen 3 system (cpu/mb/ram/ssd)for around 260$
Option 2
I currently have an am3+mb so i could buy and fx 8350/ram/ssd for 150$
what do you think should i do do those extra 100$ for ryzen worth it?

ikaz

Distinguished
I'm assuming your dad has a spinning HD have you just considered uprgading the hard drive to a SSD that should make the system feel alot newer and is pretty cheap. I would try that first and if it still feels slow then best bet is to upgrade to Ryzen 3 system and use the SSD in the ryzen build.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
You can also find core 2 quad CPUs for really cheap if you look around, so an SSD and quad core CPU could make the old dinosaur fly - but only if it has at least 4GB of RAM, preferably more. Generally the absolute fastest supported quad cores tend to hold their price but stepping down a model or two and things get a whole lot cheaper. You need to check what the motherboard supports first though.

If you start looking at spending any kind of money then go for option 1) sorry but those AM3 CPUs just never really made any sense and the ryzen is many times more powerful. It's also not worth spending too much on old hardware that could fail a few months later if you are unlucky.

Zeedy

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
So yea installing an ssd would make a huge difrence but i think it needs a more drastic upgrade since it only has dd2 2gb ram and the mobo is kind of dying!So i think im moving towards ryzen i just needed more convicing thank yoy!