Question I would like some info/ advice regarding these boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppyjoe

Commendable
Sep 29, 2019
Which of these 3 is best suited for what? I need a fast system for building/restoring systems and (maybe a few internal drives). I would also like to build a system for grandkids to use for homeschool and minecraft learning IMHO a p4 would be good for homeschool for 2-8 yr olds except Minecraft needs fast ethernet/internet and cpu graphics more than what an office system may need (it seems). I will use internal graphics. I think the oldest board is sata 2 and has more sata connections but no usb 3.0. So it comes down to drive speed and usb 3.0 (add in card is available and inexpensive)The fastest board will probably have the faster ram 1866 vs 1600 and the slowest board may have a faster boot drive a sata 2 ssd (as it has sata 2 ) but otherwise all will probably use a wd 1 tb sata 3 drive and dvd rw:

GA-F2A55M-DS2 (rev. 1.0) w amd a10-5800k-8gb 1600
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-F2A55M-DS2-rev-10#ov

A68HM-E33 V2, w a8-7680, undecided on 4 or 8 and 1600 vs 1866 gb ram
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A68HM-E33-V2/Specification

asus a88xme - w amd a8-7670, 8 gb 1866

all will have win10, although one may have mate instead

Thanks in advance

poppyjoe

Commendable
Sep 29, 2019
Can I ask where are you getting these and why? All of those boards are similar, all are old and outdated. Not a single one of them with the available processors could be called "fast". And all of them the ram speed makes minimal difference in performance.
Yes,

laugh but don't ckoke

cheap-free, collecting dust in closet. BUT serviceable, and what I have to work with

so the working p4's are anchors or door stops?

Reffering to a dell e310 and 8110

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Yes,

laugh but don't ckoke

cheap-free, collecting dust in closet. BUT serviceable, and what I have to work with

so the working p4's are anchors or door stops?

Reffering to a dell e310 and 8110

Well yes, if these are outdated P4's are absolutely doorstops unless you are specifically looking to make yourself a retro gaming system that crushes games made in the late 90's-early 2000's.

So of those systems the A8-7680 would be the fastest closely followed by the A8-7670k based systems. The A10 is an older model, it will be slower than the other two. The first two would likely be decent minecraft and esports title playing systems. The A10 is purely good for office use in terms of modern useage anyway.

You should do what you can to have 8gb on all of these systems, 4 is just too little. Ram speed has minimal effect on them.

Reactions: poppyjoe

poppyjoe

Commendable
Sep 29, 2019
rebump,

Rogue Leader

the ole p4';s still collecting dust, but not much, the gx620 looked pristine inside. recycle day or I may post online.

Daughter got the 7680 for homeschooling (includes minecraft) and wife will get the 7670, just cause. I still have the a10 fm apu which is an fm2 plus mb but no use messing with changes etc. I play defense grid with it and general use.

Now, next project is an Aus prime h310 plus (used) - going to add 16gm ddr4, one nvme, one ssd, hdd, dvd, etc

The asus prime h310 plus rev1. is getting a used i5-9400f (used GV-N710D5-2GL Overview | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Global too).

I would accept suggestions for a better cpu from you. Yiou always give sound advice !

Yeah, I am a cheapo-

down the road I may get an asus prime x570-p with maybe a 5-5600g
but I may wait for the fastest I can afford --a while down the road.

I unfortunately cant seem to scan a webpage to get the front panel pinouts.

I see you can scan a qr code online on page 9 or manual 1.1 but I cant!

E13818_PRIME_H310-PLUS_UM_WEB.pdf (asus.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.