I would like to install a 500 gb HDD , 2gb ram and 2gb video card for improving my old pc's performance for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamal007v

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
My pc's specs are
Motherboard- Asus k8v-vm ultra
RAM- 512MB
Os- win xp sp3
Currently IDE HDD are installed in my pc. Please suggest a good IDE HDD,RAM, VIDEO CARD which is compatible with my specs.

Solution
Most powerful processor for that motherboard was the Athlon 64 3700+. That's a single core processor with DDR ram. Today, dual core with DDR3 ram is roughly 10 times the power of the Athlon 64 and is pretty much the entry level. Windows XP is an no longer a supported operating system, this means any threats identified and patched on newer OSes are not fixed on Window XP, so it's something I would not want connected to the internet.

I, too, would heartily recommend a complete new system.

pauls3743

Distinguished
Most powerful processor for that motherboard was the Athlon 64 3700+. That's a single core processor with DDR ram. Today, dual core with DDR3 ram is roughly 10 times the power of the Athlon 64 and is pretty much the entry level. Windows XP is an no longer a supported operating system, this means any threats identified and patched on newer OSes are not fixed on Window XP, so it's something I would not want connected to the internet.

I, too, would heartily recommend a complete new system.

Solution

Kamal007v

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014

I already have a laptop for my personal use, I just wanted to upgrade this thing for my little nephew so i can't go for a new pc, is there anything i could do to this old pc? I don't need a high tech pc a decent performing one would be enough. Can i change my OS to win 8 or 7?

USAFRet

Titan

A $300 PC from Walmart would be more powerful than anything you could upgrade that old one to. And be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.