[SOLVED] I would like to know if i can just remove my m.2 ssd, install a new one and install windows again there

MejiMOCO

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Hello, this may sound pretty easy but im not good with this kind of stuff, i bought a new m.2 ssd with 1tb capacity because my pc came with a m.2 256gb ssd , i opened my pc and found out that my motherboard only has 1 m.2 slot, so, if i remove my ssd and install the new one, am i going to be able to just install windows from 0 in my new m.2? or there will be some kind of issues.
I dont really want to move or save all the files in my current m.2 because i dont have a lot of stuff here and all the programs i can just install them again in the new m.2.

TLDR: I want to remove my current m.2 , install a new one and install windows in the new one, is this possible or there will be some issues when i boot up my pc with the new m.2 to install windows again there

Thanks for helping

Solution
Yes, there is little reason why not.

Be advised, you'll be starting with a bare OS.
Drivers, applications, all your other settings....those will not exist.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, there is little reason why not.

Be advised, you'll be starting with a bare OS.
Drivers, applications, all your other settings....those will not exist.

Solution

MejiMOCO

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Hello, this may sound pretty easy but im not good with this kind of stuff, i bought a new m.2 ssd with 1tb capacity because my pc came with a m.2 256gb ssd , i opened my pc and found out that my motherboard only has 1 m.2 slot, so, if i remove my ssd and install the new one, am i going to be able to just install windows from 0 in my new m.2? or there will be some kind of issues.
I dont really want to move or save all the files in my current m.2 because i dont have a lot of stuff here and all the programs i can just install them again in the new m.2.

TLDR: I want to remove my current m.2 , install a new one and install windows in the new one, is this possible or there will be some issues when i boot up my pc with the new m.2 to install windows again there

Thanks for helping
so i can just remove this m.2, install the new one, boot up and install windows there? I dont really want to move my entire system to the new one im just gonna save some files in a usb drive and move them to the new m.2 when i install windows there

USAFRet

Titan
so i can just remove this m.2, install the new one, boot up and install windows there? I dont really want to move my entire system to the new one im just gonna save some files in a usb drive and move them to the new m.2 when i install windows there
Yes, assuming proper M.2 port.
What are the specific drives involved? Old and new.

Read through that tutorial a time or two to get familiar with the process.
You'll need an 8GB flash drive.

MejiMOCO

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019

i already installed windows 10 in this pc because it came without a OS so im kinda familiar with the installation process

My current m.2 is the: Samsung MZVLQ256HAJD-000H1 - 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe 2280

The m.2 i want to replace it with is the: SSD 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE SN550 M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe

This PC is "new" (got it on 30 August aproximately) and the current storage is not really big so the majority of my storage is filled up with games , i can just install them again in the new m.2

USAFRet

Titan
i already installed windows 10 in this pc because it came without a OS so im kinda familiar with the installation process

My current m.2 is the: Samsung MZVLQ256HAJD-000H1 - 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe 2280

The m.2 i want to replace it with is the: SSD 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE SN550 M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe

This PC is "new" (got it on 30 August aproximately) and the current storage is not really big so the majority of my storage is filled up with games , i can just install them again in the new m.2
Given all that, you should be OK.

Swap drives, boot from your Win 10 install, and go.