[SOLVED] I would like to know if i was ddosed before i take legal action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2020
I was playing games on my xbox when somebody i know joins my party i quickly kick them from it because i do not like this person and know they are trouble. So they send me a message asking if im lagging after a kick them i have done this numerous times for a little insight i would always avoid them if they ever came around. So after the message is received my ping for the next maybe 5 to 10 mins goes from its usual 20 to 35 range and stays at a steady 1100. I questioned them about it and they say they didnt do it and dont know what a dosing is, but heres something im stuck on i never said dosing i said ddos so if they dont now what it is how did they get dosing out of ddos and then they said i have no evidence they did it and it will be a false report to the authorities if i did report them. After that was said they went back and deleted the message that had asked if i started lagging l, the message was sent immediately to me after i had kicked them. My ping has never ever jumped that high for the year and a half I've had it highest I've ever seen it go to was 150.

Solution
I was playing games on my xbox when somebody i know joins my party i quickly kick them from it because i do not like this person and know they are trouble. So they send me a message asking if im lagging after a kick them i have done this numerous times for a little insight i would always avoid them if they ever came around. So after the message is received my ping for the next maybe 5 to 10 mins goes from its usual 20 to 35 range and stays at a steady 1100. I questioned them about it and they say they didnt do it and dont know what a dosing is, but heres something im stuck on i never said dosing i said ddos so if they dont now what it is how did they get dosing out of ddos and then they said i have no evidence they did it and it...

kanewolf

Titan
I was playing games on my xbox when somebody i know joins my party i quickly kick them from it because i do not like this person and know they are trouble. So they send me a message asking if im lagging after a kick them i have done this numerous times for a little insight i would always avoid them if they ever came around. So after the message is received my ping for the next maybe 5 to 10 mins goes from its usual 20 to 35 range and stays at a steady 1100. I questioned them about it and they say they didnt do it and dont know what a dosing is, but heres something im stuck on i never said dosing i said ddos so if they dont now what it is how did they get dosing out of ddos and then they said i have no evidence they did it and it will be a false report to the authorities if i did report them. After that was said they went back and deleted the message that had asked if i started lagging l, the message was sent immediately to me after i had kicked them. My ping has never ever jumped that high for the year and a half I've had it highest I've ever seen it go to was 150.
What authorities? Xbox ? Police? They might take your complaint but it is unlikely any action would happen. If it was a DOS attack, it was probably from a bot net. Without a money trail back to this individual, you have no direct evidence. Even then, unlikely anything will happen.

Solution
Without actual, provable damage, AND incontrovirtable proof that this particular individual was the cause, it's extremely unlikely that the police would even take a report. Him knowing some buzz words is no proof of anything. In addition, the results of a PING have never been usable in the manner in which people are now trying to use it.

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what a story... Definitely, all this sounds fishy. I mean the message if OP got lags and after that his ping going to thousand, looks like they did something, but after OP threatened them with authorities they got scared and denied it and even deleted their message. However as others said, there's no evidence that they did it and we don't know for sure, but it looks like it was them. However even knowing that Police won't take this case seriously, OP threatening them with Police did a good job. It worked. They got scared and disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.