[SOLVED] I would like to know if the id-cooling se 224 xt Basic can keep good temps on a 10700k at stock

Dec 16, 2021
i dont intend to oc the 10700k (right now the k version is cheaper than the non-k in my country) it would be helpful if someone who has this combo can help me decide. Thanks

Solution
No need to have the combo, the answer is easily found.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/id-cooling-se-224-xt-basic-se-224-xt-argb/6.html

For what it's worth, I'd look for a better cooler for that CPU. The id cooling products are generally fairly decent for the price, but they are rarely going to be found in the same conversation as the better known top performers. If possible, I'd look more to one of these.

Below is my list of preferred CPU AIR coolers, also known as Heatsink fans (HSF).

Do not look here for recommendations on water/liquid cooling solutions. There are none to be found.

BEFORE seriously considering ANY cooler, make sure to compare it's height with the maximum CPU cooler height supported by your case...
No need to have the combo, the answer is easily found.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/id-cooling-se-224-xt-basic-se-224-xt-argb/6.html

For what it's worth, I'd look for a better cooler for that CPU. The id cooling products are generally fairly decent for the price, but they are rarely going to be found in the same conversation as the better known top performers. If possible, I'd look more to one of these.

Below is my list of preferred CPU AIR coolers, also known as Heatsink fans (HSF).

Do not look here for recommendations on water/liquid cooling solutions. There are none to be found.

BEFORE seriously considering ANY cooler, make sure to compare it's height with the maximum CPU cooler height supported by your case. If a cooler won't fit, then there isn't much point in looking at it anyhow unless you are willing to replace the case with a larger, more accomodating model. It should probably go without saying that the recommendations below are NOT intended for systems that incorporate small form factor or mini ITX type enclosures. These are generally for standard ATX tower cases. For recommendations on coolers for very small enclosures, there are many of us around here that can offer some suggestions based on the use case.

Noctua NH-D14 (Replace stock fans with NF-A14 industrialPPC 2000rpm)
Noctua NH-D15/D15 SE-AM4
Noctua NH-D14 (With original fans)
Thermalright Silver arrow IB-E Extreme
Cryorig R1 Ultimate or Universal
Be Quiet Dark rock Pro 4
Noctua NH-D15s
Thermalright Legrand Macho RT
Phanteks PH-TC14PE (BK,BL, OR or RD)
Deepcool Assassin III
Noctua NH-U12A
Thermalright Macho X2
Thermalright Macho rev. C
Thermalright Macho rev.B
Thermalright ARO-M14G (Ryzen only)
SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425
Thermalright Macho direct
Deepcool Assassin II

It may not be obvious, but is probably worth mentioning, that not all cooler models will fit all CPU sockets as aftermarket coolers generally require an adapter intended for use with that socket. Some coolers that fit an AMD platform might not fit a later AMD platform, or an Intel platform. Often these coolers come with adapters for multiple types of platforms but be sure to verify that a specific cooler WILL work with your platform before purchasing one and finding out later that it will not.

You might also consider an AIO cooler depending on whether there are any good models available to you at an attractive price point. Keep in mind though, a good air cooler will likely last for practically as long as you're still building computers while an AIO will generally need to be replaced every 5-7 years, if not sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Facu.G
Solution

TRENDING THREADS