[SOLVED] I would like to run rust without crashing, I don't care about Graphics.

SsDavidDsS

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2014
Hello to all you wonderful people,
Thank you in advance for the help, as you can see from the title I have problems running rust. I would like to play the game without any crashes or freezes. I really don't care about the graphics quality, I play it at the lowest. Please could you advise me on what I need to buy. From what I do know I believe all I need to do is change the processor but I'm not too sure exactly, here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium G3260
Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2H
Graphics Card: GTx 750 Ti
RAM: 8GB

I hope this is enough information, I'm thinking of buying the i3-4130, not too sure if it's a good idea or if it's even compatible, please let me know if it's not otherwise any advise would be very helpful!

Thanks again

Solution
It would be compatible, but is still below their official system requirements which lists an i3-3770 or FX-9590 and either a GTX 670 or R9 280 plus 10 GB RAM. So even with an i3-4130 the entire system would be below minimum requirements.

Would switching to a 4 thread i3 help with crashes? Maybe. If that is the reason it crashes on your current 2 core 2 thread.
Would it run the game fine? Probably not, the game isn't that well optimized.
It would be compatible, but is still below their official system requirements which lists an i3-3770 or FX-9590 and either a GTX 670 or R9 280 plus 10 GB RAM. So even with an i3-4130 the entire system would be below minimum requirements.

Would switching to a 4 thread i3 help with crashes? Maybe. If that is the reason it crashes on your current 2 core 2 thread.
Would it run the game fine? Probably not, the game isn't that well optimized.

Solution