Question I

May 24, 2019
So recently i bought a corsair VS650(grey) a month before,im totally afraid now that will it be sufficient for my new build or will the vs650 fry any components?? Please help

May 24, 2019
Cant help you withoit knowing the build.

This will help tjough

Sorry for not mentioning the components,
Cpu - Ryzen 2700
MB - Asus crosshair vii hero
Ram - not yet purchased
graphics card - gtx 1660ti

im coming from fx 4300 ,so my question is vs650( grey) is it fine for this build as i already bought a month ago... many of them say the vs orange series were pretty bad and it had fried parts...but saw few extreme builds in pcpartpicker who used vs650(grey) for their builds

The taepo caps are questionable. But they should last provided you dont push it past 80% rated power (around 500 watts) Going ng above this and the components will age quicker. As capacitors age they get quirky with discharge and lose 20% of their total energy storage capacity or more.

Will it blow up? Doubtful if you stay below 500 watts or within 80% of rail rating.

The guys at toms do good power supply reviews. Paul Johnson does a good review as well. You can tell they are experienced engineers.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-vs650-psu,6017-6.html

May 24, 2019
So i don't need to get new a better quality psu ,and this vs650(grey) is enough for my build ? And won't damage or degrade performance right? Max my build will pull around 250 watts..so i will fine for years?