Itachi_1

Honorable
Dec 4, 2015
Hello, I have the chance to buy either of two notebooks with the mentioned CPUs, and I can not decide which one is better. According to benchmarks, they're quite similar, with the Ryzen usually performing better in multi-thread tests, but worse in single ones.
I would use the laptop primarily for school - so think MS Office, and maybe some very basic statistical computations. Maybe i would rarely play on it some really old games during breaks, but the main focus is school.

Otherwise, the laptops are almost identical in every way.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should pick?

Hello, I have the chance to buy either of two notebooks with the mentioned CPUs, and I can not decide which one is better. According to benchmarks, they're quite similar, with the Ryzen usually performing better in multi-thread tests, but worse in single ones.
I would use the laptop primarily for school - so think MS Office, and maybe some very basic statistical computations. Maybe i would rarely play on it some really old games during breaks, but the main focus is school.

Otherwise, the laptops are almost identical in every way.

Does anyone have any ideas what I should pick?
3500U ones, but could you find a ryzen 5300u ones? if it's available at the same price go for it

Reactions: Itachi_1

Itachi_1

Honorable
Dec 4, 2015
3500U ones, but could you find a ryzen 5300u ones? if it's available at the same price go for it

Thanks! I did also have a 5300 one saved, but it's about 60€ more expensive, so unless a really good offer pops up somewhere, i'm not sure i would use that value anyway
Imma keep an eye out, tho!

(I'm just gonna leave the question up for a few more hours in case someone else wants to share his thoughts, before giving away the Best answer)

Thanks! I did also have a 5300 one saved, but it's about 60€ more expensive, so unless a really good offer pops up somewhere, i'm not sure i would use that value anyway
Imma keep an eye out, tho!

(I'm just gonna leave the question up for a few more hours in case someone else wants to share his thoughts, before giving away the Best answer)
Pretty much 5300u is a bang for the buck ones, dual channel it at 3200mhz and it's pretty much a multitasking and lite gaming pc aswell

Reactions: RagedAPE

TRENDING THREADS