I3 2100 vs fx 4100 vs phenom ii x4 955 BE

mykebrian

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
my first thread was too short and it got deleted so to make it long, i typed this. Now to my question, which of these processors is better? i want to play games like modern warfare 3 and also in the future i might do some animation. I want to know which processor is best of these three in terms of overall performance. hopes for many replies. thanks

The 955 BE is probably the best for overall performance giving the best of everything. You get 4 cores for things that can use it and it doesn't lose much in gaming performance to the i3. It can be OC'ed which is decent.

The i3 offers a good upgrade path to i5s and i7s as well as ivybridge if you buy a motherboard that supports ivy and consumes little power. It has good Gaming performance but does lack 4 physical cores.

the FX4100 is ussually cheaper and is able to really OC, its performance at stock is relatively poor but OC'ed its ok for its price. It has 2 modules which are basically 4 cores and does give pretty decent multi threaded performance.

Mi7agent1

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
what you need to do is grab a FX6300 as its 15 bucks less than an i3 yet better than the FX4100 thanks to 2 xtra cores

logainofhades

Titan

Agreed.