[SOLVED] i3-2330M or A10-4600M or A10-5750M for CPU intensive tasks ?

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
I don't really trust comparison website like cpu.userbenchmark.com (i heard they are made by someone who sided with intel? I need confirmation on this). I have Acer Aspire E1-451G with full spec listed in my signature, i play Hearts of Iron 4 and there is a time when the game starting to slow down to around 24fps even on lowest settings (the cpu running hot too around 75°c to 81°c).

Things i have tried:
  • Install on ssd
  • Set priority to high on task manager
  • Close other aplication (except steam)
  • Modding
  • Cleaning, repaste and use cooling pad
The result is not very satisfying, only 3 more fps and 2°c cooler.

In this post i mention that my laptop support A10-5750M for upgrading which is cheaper than buying a new laptop. Thanks for the time and sorry for my bad grammar.

Solution
Laptop processors are not usually upgradeable.
You are looking, I think, at the different processors available.
It is a moot point .
Both A10 units perform similarly in cpu tasks. The i3 is 10% slower in single threaded apps, and 40% slower with all threads running.
All three are very weak by today's standards.
Userbenchmark is convenient for making quick comparisons. Yes they are a little biased towards Intel. I wouldn't take any of their upgrade advice because it's just plain wrong, but their numbers are accurate enough to be useful.

In terms of the cpu's you quote I would expect the i3 2330M and A10-5750M to perform similarly and for the A10-4600M to perform slightly slower. That's in CPU performance though, in terms of the integrated GPU's both those AMD chips are significantly better than the i3.

If you already have the A10-4600M I would be surprised if upgrading it gave you much of a boost.

It is a moot point .
Both A10 units perform similarly in cpu tasks. The i3 is 10% slower in single threaded apps, and 40% slower with all threads running.

Solution

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
It is a moot point .
I'm totally aware with "All three are very weak by today's standards." but things like this is related to budget (i dont like to talk about it). After looking on other comparing website the difference is only about 10℅-15℅ while the price is almost one-and-a-half the A10-4600M. Last, my laptop actually came with A8-4500M and to increase performance i upgrade it to A10-4600M, Trinity and Richland share the same socket but they are different in generation (which lead me to think about the microcode). In conclusion, i will do an upgrade if the price almost the same as A10-4600M if no then i will save.