i3 3220 with GTX 1050 Mini 2gb run 30-40 fps in DOTA

dandanish88

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
Recently, I've just changed my GPU to Zotac GeForce 1050 Mini 2GB.

After installing the latest driver update,
im still hitting 30-40 fps in DOTA2 with High Setting even Medium Setting.

My Spec is

i3 3220
Zotac GeForce 1050 2GB Mini
Ram 4GB (Single Slot)
PSU 450W
500GB SATA SSD

Is there any way for me to improve my fps? Please help :(

Solution
Hey dandanish98,

It may be that your CPU is bottlenecking your performance on Dota2, but I think the problem is possibly an underpowered GPU. I have played Dota2 for almost 100 hours ( I'm not a big fan of the game ) but I think the game is still highly playable on Low settings, and ( If your FPS doesn't get too bad ) possibly turn up Model details and textures to Medium or High. What you have to understand, is that Pro players use $5000+ computers to play Dota2, and still get 100-200 FPS on Ultra, so don't expect anything to mind-boggling to come out of a smaller budget build. What could be affecting your performance is also your RAM. Try adding another 4GB stick of DDR4 and see how that goes.

If you can afford it, try upgrading your...

dandanish88

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017

I do using HDMI cable at the GPU socket. I added another 4GB RAM stick and certain game fps does increase but not DOTA2. Im still facing the average of 35-40 fps which pretty not much different.

Is this mean I have to change my processor? Im running out of budget for now :(

ashtontawtis

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
Hey dandanish98,

It may be that your CPU is bottlenecking your performance on Dota2, but I think the problem is possibly an underpowered GPU. I have played Dota2 for almost 100 hours ( I'm not a big fan of the game ) but I think the game is still highly playable on Low settings, and ( If your FPS doesn't get too bad ) possibly turn up Model details and textures to Medium or High. What you have to understand, is that Pro players use $5000+ computers to play Dota2, and still get 100-200 FPS on Ultra, so don't expect anything to mind-boggling to come out of a smaller budget build. What could be affecting your performance is also your RAM. Try adding another 4GB stick of DDR4 and see how that goes.

If you can afford it, try upgrading your CPU in the near future, as it may become an issue with newer, more demanding titles.
I recommend a Pentium G4560.

Your current PC setup sounds great, and I help you settle this issue with Dota quickly.

Hope this helps.

Solution

dandanish88

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017

Hi ashtontawtis,

Yes, after adding 1 stick of 4GB Ram it helps increase the FPS, but it still does bottleneck the performance due to my processor was only a dual core. Will upgrade to i5 with quad core next month. This is really helpful. Thanks man :)

AnimexGamer

Honorable
Nov 3, 2015
Hey dandanish98,

If you can afford it, try upgrading your CPU in the near future, as it may become an issue with newer, more demanding titles.
I recommend a Pentium G4560.

Your current PC setup sounds great, and I help you settle this issue with Dota quickly.

Hope this helps.

60628380_2327751093949147_6942299663110242304_n.jpg

I have the same CPU, but with a GT 1030 2GB GDDR5. I know the graphics card can run this game smoothly on high/ultra with a better cpu. However, this picture shows the game only giving 25fps with both CPU and GPU usage below 50%. I tried it the graphics card with my brother's PC having an AMD A8-7600 and it runs smoothly on 1080p. Are there any software issues that might be causing this or is the i3-3220 just weak?