i3 3240 @ 3.4ghz 8 gb dd3 and hd 7870

gibby1690

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
what sort of frame rates can i expect from BF4 and COD ghosts?

i usually play online so understand this is more demanding

i know my system will handle these games, im just curious as to how well

obv ill be looking to play at the highest settings possible

p.s i have 1080p tv for screen

gibby1690

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

the 660ti is at the same performance level as the 7870 yes?

i have the gygabyte 7870 OC edition will this help me grab a few more Fps?

SnakeGTX

Distinguished

Yes, They are very close in performance. I would say the 7870 is slightly better tho. And the CPU's are almost identical.

So i think you could be getting anywhere from 35-50 FPS on ultra(1080p/1920x1080p), on BF4.

Ultra-1920.png

This benchmark (above) is BF4 Beta, and you will most likely get more FPS because it was only in beta.

Ultra_1920.png

gibby1690

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

those numbers dont look to promising to me lol, ultra wasnt something i was really to bothered about as im just new to pc gaming and coming from ps3 i though it wouldnt matter.

but i recently maxed out BF3 on my PC and its giving me the taste for more :)

i have been noticing that my i3 is NOT a bottleneck for my GPU which i had been led to believe

so for me to get better Fps i would need a CPU and GPU upgrade ?

or would CPU be enough? ( im guessing not if my i3 isnt a bottleneck )

i have been looking at getting an i5 lately but if it isnt going to increase Fps with my current GPU i dont think i will bother

SnakeGTX

Distinguished

Well, 30+ FPS is decent. Human eyes are said to see 30 FPS and up 60 FPS when adrenaline kicks in. But idk how much i believe that. And all games on the PS3 are locked at 30 FPS, so yeah...

Now i would except a i3 to bottleneck a graphics card better than a 7850 or so. But if you have figured out that it isn't bottlenecking, then all you would need is to upgrade your GPU. But like how much FPS are you wanting to get here? Like 60? If so you are going to have to fork over like $500 for a GTX 780 ti. And i am positive that the i3 would bottleneck the 780 a lot.

But to get like a quad core i5 would be a good idea. But if the i3 isn't bottlenecking the 7870 then your not going to have much of a performance boost, like 2-5 FPS.

So, if you really wanted like 60+ fps all the time, then your would need to get a new CPU and GPU.
Like a i5-3470 and a GeForce GTX 780/AMD R9-290.

gibby1690

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

well that pretty much answers my questions then on that lol 5 fps doesnt seem viable enough an excuse to fork out on an i5, id have though about it if it would bring me over the 60fps mark but....

and upgrading my GPU and keeping CPU i think would create a bottleneck as my CPU is running from 70-90% on BF3 on ultra, so im guessing any upgrade that didnt bottleneck wouldnt really be worth it....

so think i will just save my pennies play on high or v.high for the moment, and see what kind of rig i can get myself next black friday :)

thanks for the replys been very helpfull time for bed i thinks :) night all

SnakeGTX

Distinguished

Glad i could help. And good night ;)

TRENDING THREADS