[SOLVED] i3 4130 with gtx 1650 ddr5 is it good ?

Solution
mrsalty557
The i3-4130, being only a 2core 4 thread CPU, is not that great for gaming and even the GTX 1650 will probably be bottlenecked a bit. You may want to consider upgrading to at least an i5.

Do you have a prebuilt system like a Dell or HP or is it custom built? Do you know the model of the system? Do you know if it's a small form factor (SFF) case or mid tower?

Get a 1650 it's gonna have more updates offcourse faster and 1650 also does not require a pci cable so it's gonna be good
Not all models of the GTX 1650 don't require a PCIE power cable. All the low profile models do get all their power from the PCIE slot.
mrsalty557
The i3-4130, being only a 2core 4 thread CPU, is not that great for gaming and even the GTX 1650 will probably be bottlenecked a bit. You may want to consider upgrading to at least an i5.

Do you have a prebuilt system like a Dell or HP or is it custom built? Do you know the model of the system? Do you know if it's a small form factor (SFF) case or mid tower?

Get a 1650 it's gonna have more updates offcourse faster and 1650 also does not require a pci cable so it's gonna be good
Not all models of the GTX 1650 don't require a PCIE power cable. All the low profile models do get all their power from the PCIE slot.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 25, 2020
mrsalty557

will it bottleneck with my processor i3 4130 ?

The i3's of that era, having but 2 cores/4 threads, are often quite challenged in WIn10 to sustain acceptable minimum frame rates in many of the more modern, popular games out in the last 3 years. (If you mainboard supports it, I'd be looking for deals on an a 4c/8t i7 compatible with/supported by your mainboard...; although even those older i7 processors are beginning to have issues with sustaining sufficient minimum FPS in several games, hence the popularity of newer CPUs. The R3-3300X, however, is a noted quad core/8-thread powerhouse budget CPU!)

Reactions: General Kenobi