i3 - 6006u vs i5 7200u vs i5 8250u for programming ?

sena2121

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
hello guys, im now in computer science degree and almost finish.. i want a laptop that can i use perhaps for my work in the future..

so my purpose is for development..
-web programing
-java
-android
-C#
-C++
-HTML5 (i happy using Construct 2)

and sometimes a use it for light editing photo or video..

usually i use (Android Studio and Visual Studio)

here the 3 option

1) i3 6006u, 4GB RAM, can easliy upgrade SSD and RAM cause there is individual slot for this (dont use HDD Caddy), $406.

2) i5 7200u, AMD Radeon 520 2GB VRAM GDDR3, 4GB RAM, use HDD Caddy if want to upgrade and not easy to upgrade, $510.

3) i5 8250u, nVidia MX150 2GB VRAM GDDR5, 4GB Ram, can easliy upgrade SSD and RAM cause there is individual slot for this (dont use HDD Caddy), $591.

so which one is worthed ? i know the highest price will be the best... but is that worthed ?

but what about value for the money ? and purpose for coding and develepomnet and little editing ?

i mean did i need that power off i5 8th gen ?

or just i3 6th gen.. or i5 7th gen is not worhted..instead take a i5 8th gen ?

im use it for finish my computer science degree and hope i can use it for my work later too..

sorry i write too much and bad english

because english is not my primary languange

Thanks before :)

Solution
For obvious reasons I'd take the i5 8250u. 4 cores will be a lot better for system performance in general for not that much of a price difference. It just so happens to also have the best value of the three options.

Regardless of whether you need the power from it, this is still a rather big investment, and you'd want to get the best for your money. No point in going a VASTLY inferior system when you can get a much more modern platform for $200 more. If you can afford to buy it, then I would most definitely do it.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
For obvious reasons I'd take the i5 8250u. 4 cores will be a lot better for system performance in general for not that much of a price difference. It just so happens to also have the best value of the three options.

Regardless of whether you need the power from it, this is still a rather big investment, and you'd want to get the best for your money. No point in going a VASTLY inferior system when you can get a much more modern platform for $200 more. If you can afford to buy it, then I would most definitely do it.

Solution