i3 7300 is 99% when i am running Fotnite even at 720p

Nov 18, 2018
I have been playing fortnite for a while and it seems ok. I started out at 1080p and had tons of lag. I then moved down to 720p to see if I could increase my frame rate. I checked with task manager and my porcessor is clocking out at 99%. Can you help me with this because i dont think an 4ghz 2 core processor should be at 99%?

Solution
What is gpu usage while playing with vsync off at 1080p? What is cpu usage at idle on the desktop?

Decreasing resolution is going to increase cpu usage not decrease it, when you lower the resolution your gpu is able to put out more frames thus increasing the amount of draw calls the CPU has to calculate, which will increase CPU usage and possibly lower GPU usage if your CPU cant keep up.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
What is gpu usage while playing with vsync off at 1080p? What is cpu usage at idle on the desktop?

Decreasing resolution is going to increase cpu usage not decrease it, when you lower the resolution your gpu is able to put out more frames thus increasing the amount of draw calls the CPU has to calculate, which will increase CPU usage and possibly lower GPU usage if your CPU cant keep up.

Solution