Question i3 8100 & gtx 750ti are bottleneck?

HowSayN

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
Recently i upgraded my Cpu to i3 8100( i wish i've chosen R5 1600) and my Ram to 16gb
I kept my GTX 750ti until i have the Budget to change up to RX 580
I really do have a bad Performence in gaming even on 768p (My Monitor does not support higher Resolution)
the Cpu usage is always between 90~100 and Vga usage never gets up higher than 80
I checked it on thebottlenecker.com and it said i3 8100 & 750ti are 100% bottleneck!
But i don't see any kind of bottleneck and fps drops on Youtube videos
They even play on 1080p on MUCH higher fps... my 750ti & i3 8100 Performence is waaaay weaker than what i see on youtube...
Components:
Vga:Asus gtx 750ti oc 2gb
Cpu:i3 8100
Ram:G.skill Aegis 16gb ddr4 2133mhz
MB:msi z370 gaming plus

Last edited:

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
As said above a i3 8100 is not going to bottleneck a 750 ti despite what that site says. Bottleneck calculators are pretty useless in my opinion.

You sure you are using the 750 ti? And not the iGPU in the 8100? Do you have the nvidia drivers for the 750 ti installed?

HowSayN

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
As said above a i3 8100 is not going to bottleneck a 750 ti despite what that site says. Bottleneck calculators are pretty useless in my opinion.

You sure you are using the 750 ti? And not the iGPU in the 8100? Do you have the nvidia drivers for the 750 ti installed?

All Drivers are up to date
and yes i'm sure it's on the 750ti
I guess my VGA has some sort of Problem.Sometimes in the middle of gaming the Screen freezes and i get glitched Screen so i gotta restart the PC to (FIX) it...
I had the same Issue when i had i3 2100 installed.
If this issue is related to my weak performence problem,then i guess it's from the VGA
but since it's the CPU who's maxing out on an old 750ti....
i'm so confused

...I checked it on thebottlenecker.com and it said i3 8100 & 750ti are 100% bottleneck!
But i don't see any kind of bottleneck and fps drops on Youtube videos
I think you are reading it wrong, once I plugged in your parts it says

BC said:
Your graphic card is too weak for this processor.

and gives suggestions for upgrading your video card. I think it's just saying your GPU is holding back potential performance since the i3-8100 is pretty powerful.

They even play on 1080p on MUCH higher fps... my 750ti & i3 8100 Performence is waaaay weaker than what i see on youtube...
That's a different story, I would check the temps when you are gaming and double check the HSF and make sure it's not clogged with dust.

HowSayN

Prominent
Jun 1, 2018
I think you are reading it wrong, once I plugged in your parts it says

and gives suggestions for upgrading your video card. I think it's just saying your GPU is holding back potential performance since the i3-8100 is pretty powerful.

That's a different story, I would check the temps when you are gaming and double check the HSF and make sure it's not clogged with dust.

I just figured out that msi afterburner itself, causes 20~30% of cpu usage..
I mean wtf...why?
When i use it for monitoring in every single game even in super mario my cpu usage is sticked to 100% which causes worst fps drops that i've ever had in my entire gaming life

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
the Cpu usage is always between 90~100 and Vga usage never gets up higher than 80
I checked it on thebottlenecker.com and it said i3 8100 & 750ti are 100% bottleneck!

Never, EVER use bottlenecking websites, they are worse than useless.

This may seem like an obvious question, but you have your monitor plugged into the video output of the video card, and not to the video output of the motherboard, correct?

TRENDING THREADS