Question I3 8100 not running like it must [should]

Nov 18, 2019
I have a
I3 8100
Gigabyte Gtx 1060 6gb gaming OC
8gb ddr4 ram

On everygame I play I get low fps and 100% cpu usage, when I turn down settings it doesn't improve my fps my fps stays the same on low and high graphics settings please help me on what to do

Which games specifically are you playing. Games have become a lot more demanding in a short period of time and a lot of people are finding their quad core CPU's struggling. What resolution are you playing at? The lower the resolution the more stress is going to be put on the CPU.

Nov 18, 2019
With 100% CPU usage there's not much you can do besides checking for malware and closing applications that don't need to be on while gaming. Next thing would be upgrading the CPU.
Everything is close except the uncloseable syster tasks I tried putting my power management to performance and everything I can to performance but didn't do anything, what cpu will you recommend me getting with those specs that won't be a bottleneck?

Nov 18, 2019
Everything is close except the uncloseable syster tasks I tried putting my power management to performance and everything I can to performance but didn't do anything, what cpu will you recommend me getting with those specs that won't be a bottleneck?
League of legends
Dota 2
Csgo
Rust
Ark
Green hell
Farming simulator 19
The sims 4
Minecraft
Dirt rally 2.0
Fortnite
Rugby challenge 3

Nov 18, 2019
Which games specifically are you playing. Games have become a lot more demanding in a short period of time and a lot of people are finding their quad core CPU's struggling. What resolution are you playing at? The lower the resolution the more stress is going to be put on the CPU.
I'm playing on 1080p 60hz

WildCard999

Titan
Try doing a full scan with Malwarebytes before considering a upgrade. Malware can utilize your CPU and cause these performance issues.

Also many of those games are older and wouldn't require more then 4 cores.

Nov 18, 2019
Try doing a full scan with Malwarebytes before considering a upgrade. Malware can utilize your CPU and cause these performance issues.

Also many of those games are older and wouldn't require more then 4 cores.
Thanks dude will try doing a scan and see the performance then

Do the virus/malware scan as Wildcard said. If that all checks out you can do a re-install of Windows. If there are any viruses or malware hidden in there nuking the OS and re-installing it will kill it. If all that checks out and you are still having a problem I'd upgrade to a 6 core 6 thread Coffee Lake I5.

Oct 9, 2019
I dont know if thisll help as i had this problem with a ryzen first gen (2400g). IK im using the intergrated graphics so i should be getting decent FPS on low to medium quality but my FPS was not even close to what i should be getting, IK this because of online benchmarks. I thought it was the CPU itself or I had unstable clocks, but the issue was actually my RAM. I swapped RAM sticks and got significantly higher FPS (and lower CPU usage). Dont know if thisll help but it worked for me

Nov 18, 2019
I dont know if thisll help as i had this problem with a ryzen first gen (2400g). IK im using the intergrated graphics so i should be getting decent FPS on low to medium quality but my FPS was not even close to what i should be getting, IK this because of online benchmarks. I thought it was the CPU itself or I had unstable clocks, but the issue was actually my RAM. I swapped RAM sticks and got significantly higher FPS (and lower CPU usage). Dont know if thisll help but it worked for me
I got 2x8gb ddr4 ram at 2666mhz

Oct 9, 2019
I got 2x8gb ddr4 ram at 2666mhz
I dont know what to say about intel, but as ryzen 1st performance really does matter by RAM i swapped it and found that 1 ram stick was physically damaged (didnt know it was). I replaced that stick and PC performed as it shouldve. Do what everyone else is saying first, and if nothing works then maybe physically see if RAM could be damaged in any sort of way.

Oct 9, 2019
Also, thinking about, could it be that the 1660 is actually disabled in either BIOS, games or even windows? IK that there is a way to disable the IGPU in my BIOS, maybe you would have to do the same to yours and do something else