i3 8th gen? i5? Ryzen?

dustinpaine

Honorable
Sep 29, 2017
So I'll start this off by saying I am doing this for BF1. I currently have a i5 4460 with a GTX 970 and 8GB of ram. My CPU is maxed at 100% while I play and I keep getting the FPS icon with it going orange to red. My game will lock up and my FPS drop way below who knows what and its choppy so I am getting killed over and over because my game locks up.

I was told on the BF forums that my CPU is below the minimum requirements and they suspect that's why since the minimum requirements are a i5 6600. I'm looking to upgrade for really under $300 since I am saving money to buy a house. People have tossed around the 8th gen i3 8350k coming out next week or a i5 7000 something if that sounds right or one of the Ryzens which I know nothing about.

What should I do? I am looking for it to last me the next 2-3 years gaming wise but I don't have a lot of money to blow. I'm guessing that's why I am having horrible FPS anywhere from Ultra to Low because my CPU is maxed 100% of the time the game is going with a CPU that doesn't meant min requirements.

Any suggestions or anything you experts can help me with? Anything I should look into? I have a heat sink Ill use. I just would need a new CPU and MB.

Solution
It should help, BF1 tends to do a lot of hdd paging and to reduce the amount of swapping between hdd and ram is to have more ram, allowing more information to sit in ram longer rather than swapping back and forth which is a performance killer.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It should help, BF1 tends to do a lot of hdd paging and to reduce the amount of swapping between hdd and ram is to have more ram, allowing more information to sit in ram longer rather than swapping back and forth which is a performance killer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS