[SOLVED] I3-9100f Motherboard Compatibility

yogsdog1000

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
Hi all. I am looking to purchase a new processor for my pc. I currently have the i5 7400, and am looking to upgrade to the i3 9100f. I have a Lenovo 90H7000YUK Motherboard. My question is, would this processor be compatible with the motherboard, or would I have to get a new motherboard as well?

Solution
That would require a new motherboard. The i3 9100f would be a bit of a side grade, to be honest, even if you could do it. It's still just a quad core CPU. The best you can do is an i7 7700, which would be a 4c/8t cpu vs the 4c/4t, you have now. They can be quite expensive though.

logainofhades

Titan
That would require a new motherboard. The i3 9100f would be a bit of a side grade, to be honest, even if you could do it. It's still just a quad core CPU. The best you can do is an i7 7700, which would be a 4c/8t cpu vs the 4c/4t, you have now. They can be quite expensive though.

Solution

yogsdog1000

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I would get a better cpu than the i39100f, but i'm on a rather tight budget. The reason i'm changing my cpu at all is because my current one is damaged. If I were to get a new motherboard, what would be one of the cheaper ones I could get?
Thanks

yogsdog1000

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
Hmm, now that I think about it, idk if it would be the cpu. I spilled tea on the pc itself, and after that, functions like using browsers and Spotify, and opening files and general use of the pc was a lot slower and stuttery. An example would be if I right clicked a file, it would show the right click menu 7 to 8 seconds after. What's strange is that it didn't seem to impact the performance on any games I was playing.