Dec 1, 2020
I have an i3-9100f and I recently installed XTU and was just fiddling with settings a bit and then after undervolting and turbo boost power max my processor shot up to 4.1 GHz on all cores... And it now is stable at 4 GHz and occasionally reaches 4.09GHz and is fluctuating... I am a total newbie to this world I don't know what's happening plz tell if somethings wrong
My rig
i3-9100f
GTX 1650
16GB DDR4 CL 16 Corsair 2400MHz
450W CoolerMaster
H310m-CS R2.0

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Overclocking will mean that more power is fed to the platform, I would advise leaving the settings alone while you're still on the CoolerMaster (assuming MWE) unit of that wattage and you shouldn't be able to overclock anyway while you're on the H310 chipset, which leads me to think that you're only reporting what the processor was intended to run at(at stock speeds).
Those are roughly the clock rates that the CPU is intended to reach at stock settings. The 9100F has a 4.0GHz all-core boost clock, and can reach 4.1GHz with two cores loaded and 4.2GHz with a single core loaded. Though normally, when cores are not being heavily utilized, it will reduce their clock rates to save power and reduce heat output.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Overclocking will mean that more power is fed to the platform, I would advise leaving the settings alone while you're still on the CoolerMaster (assuming MWE) unit of that wattage and you shouldn't be able to overclock anyway while you're on the H310 chipset, which leads me to think that you're only reporting what the processor was intended to run at(at stock speeds).

Reactions: UNBEATABLEAG
Solution