[SOLVED] i3 9100F vs 3200G?

Rocksy

Prominent
Jan 25, 2020
I want to buy pc for office use and maybe games sometimes...
which is better? I want without GPU because I want cheap PC
How is the Vega?

Solution
How is the Vega?
Vega is stronger than the Intel offerings. With with Intel or AMD ensure to get fast 2x8gb RAM. Integrated graphics is heavily impacted by RAM choice and 8gb just won’t cut it when a portion is allocated to the integrated graphics.
How is the Vega?
Vega is stronger than the Intel offerings. With with Intel or AMD ensure to get fast 2x8gb RAM. Integrated graphics is heavily impacted by RAM choice and 8gb just won’t cut it when a portion is allocated to the integrated graphics.

Solution
Why only 16GB RAM?
I think for Intel enough is 8GB
You can't go with Intel because i3 9100F has no integrated graphics...that means you need a GPU if you want the PC to work and get a display signal to the monitor. Go with AMD, and get 16 GB RAM, because if you play games with 8 GB RAM, it will be a severe limitation because the RAM also acts as storage for the GPU. And you need fast RAM because slow RAM causes significant performance reduction in Ryzen processors, so you want at least 2666 MHz RAM, and best speed is 3200 MHz.

The APU solutions are better than Intel's integrated desktop graphics, but, even so only rival only a GTX1030, which is often marginal unless playing old games, or, semi-new ones at 720P, etc...

(It will play Quake 3 and Medal of Honor fine, however! )

Lots of folks looking forward to 4000-series APUs, hopefully with 6 cores, but, I don't expect them before Sept...!