i3 processor support winndows xp

Solution
Microsoft has dropped all support for Windows XP since 2 years ago. I would assume it would still "work" in a sense that it's usable and the i3 6th gen's a more than capable for running XP. This OS is no longer supported by its manufacturer, though, so you could run into issues with it not working as a whole rather than the CPU not performing properly. Intel does not officially support any later version of Windows than 10, with their new KabyLake and they are dropping support in 2023 and 2020 for Windows 7 and 8.1 respectively.

On the safe side, no.

MADVIU

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Microsoft has dropped all support for Windows XP since 2 years ago. I would assume it would still "work" in a sense that it's usable and the i3 6th gen's a more than capable for running XP. This OS is no longer supported by its manufacturer, though, so you could run into issues with it not working as a whole rather than the CPU not performing properly. Intel does not officially support any later version of Windows than 10, with their new KabyLake and they are dropping support in 2023 and 2020 for Windows 7 and 8.1 respectively.

On the safe side, no.

Solution