I3 surface pro 7 or surface go woth 8 gb ram?

TiltedGamer

Reputable
Apr 16, 2019
So I'm planning on getting an ultraportable school laptop to use while I'm away from my gaming desktop at home or just to use in bed, but I only have around 600 to spend so I can either get a i3 4gb ram surface pro 7 eith keyboard, or a surface go with 8gb ram and keyboard, so which one should I get? Also I'm just going to be using it for typing docs, writing emails, browsing the web, watching movies, listening to spotify

Lutfij

Titan
Between those two options, I'd get the Pro and call it a day. If you;re open to other suggestions we could look at other laptops but that might be north of 600SD(assuming you meant USD and not any other currency since it's not stated in your thread's body).

TiltedGamer

Reputable
Apr 16, 2019
Yeah sorry about that I meant usd, and I'll take any suggestions you can give, but I'm still really looking for that tablet laptop form factor because I already have a pretty powerful main pc at home, but again I'll take any suggestions. Thanks!

If you will use it predominantly in laptop configuration then go with the Pro. If using as a tablet for extended periods the Go is far more comfortable. I use an 8Gb Go everyday and it’s ok for very light work, the USB-C charging is very handy.

TiltedGamer

Reputable
Apr 16, 2019
Oh ok. So would you say you can type fast with the surface go keyboard?, and if you can answer this do you think the surface pro with its i3 will be faster than the surface go despite the pro only having 4gb of ram? Thanks a ton