I386

amit

I wanted to install win2k pro on 40 machines which dont
have a CD rom. All have I386 folder in D:\
I want to have a clean install. The clean install on
executing winnt.exe from I386 isnt a clean install. I want
to format C: first.
So i made boot disks to begin the installation, BUT how do
i direct the installation to D:? It looks for CD instead.
Steve L Umbach told me he modified some .inf file in one
of the boot disks. I found only one inf file in 4 disks
and i dont see anything that can be changed there.
Purpose is to install 2k pro from D:\I386 and format C:
and without using CD ROM.
Please help me solve my purpose.
Thanks.

Copy I386 to a shared network folder, create network boot disks, Make sure
you can access the network from them first, format the C Drive from these
disks, connect to your shared folder, and run winn from there.