[SOLVED] I5 10300H cpu usage goes to 100% while gaming and gpu clock speed get stuck at low value ?

Oct 27, 2020
Hello guys, i recently bought the acer helios 300 i5 10300h with rtx 2060. I have been getting this issue on 2 games now, Division and RDR2. While gaming the cpu usage gets really high and once it hits 100% , the rtx 2060 clocks down to 1005mhz and stays there, as a result my game lags due to low fps. I have to manually change the overclocking option of the gpu in the predator sense for it to come back up, but after a while he same thing happens.
Is my cpu really a bottleneck? i thought quad core was enough for gaming. Please suggest a solution.
Thank you.

Solution
If in performance mode for power plan, I'd double check CPU /GPU temps for any evidence of thermal issues . (Intel's XTU app might allow you to override 'default' time-at-full turbo/TDP constraints if the CPU begins downclocking itself after 30-60 seconds even when/if temps under control; if temps are nearing throttle point, better to sacrifice 100 MHz from the all-core turbo value than to allow an overheat which massively induces clock speed reductions)
If in performance mode for power plan, I'd double check CPU /GPU temps for any evidence of thermal issues . (Intel's XTU app might allow you to override 'default' time-at-full turbo/TDP constraints if the CPU begins downclocking itself after 30-60 seconds even when/if temps under control; if temps are nearing throttle point, better to sacrifice 100 MHz from the all-core turbo value than to allow an overheat which massively induces clock speed reductions)

Solution
Oct 27, 2020
How do i decrease 100Mhz from the boost clock? Because im really starting to think its a thermal issue, because when i disable the turbo, it seems to be fine.

TRENDING THREADS