[SOLVED] i5 10400 or i5 11400

BejoBarokah

Commendable
Sep 8, 2020
Hey, here the i5 10400 priced around $193 and i5 11400 around $235, add RAM price difference (2666mhz vs 3200 mhz) around USD $10

So, is it worth the ~$52 difference? Also to be noted it will be paired with ASUS Prime H510M-A motherboard. If i need a B560 chipset to make the 11400 more worth it, please consider the price difference as well.

Thanks

Solution
Much faster onboard graphics with the 11th gen. Faster memory speed is good for that too.

I would say it is worth it for anything beyond simple office tasks. If you are just needing a basic computer, maybe even consider an i3-10100.

Your chosen motherboard at least has a hunk of aluminum on the CPU VRMs, though the two lesser VRMs have no heatsinks. With a decent B560 board you can unlock power limits to effectively overclock the CPU (not recommended with the included cooler)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Much faster onboard graphics with the 11th gen. Faster memory speed is good for that too.

I would say it is worth it for anything beyond simple office tasks. If you are just needing a basic computer, maybe even consider an i3-10100.

Your chosen motherboard at least has a hunk of aluminum on the CPU VRMs, though the two lesser VRMs have no heatsinks. With a decent B560 board you can unlock power limits to effectively overclock the CPU (not recommended with the included cooler)

Solution

BejoBarokah

Commendable
Sep 8, 2020

It will be used mainly for coding and opening 20+ tabs of browser i guess, and i don't think i will buy after market cooler. Afterall i think i've stretch my budget quite a bit