Question i5 10400f cores

Oct 28, 2022
Hello Folks

so i recently bought new cpu which is i5 10400f & i tho its has 6 cores & 12 Threads
but when i check the task manager its shows only 4 cores & 8 threads .. any solutions?

thanks in advance

CPU-z is a program that allows you to read the data from the CPU to tell exactly which CPU it is. It's very straight forward.

It may be that your bios needed to be updated to take the new CPU. Knowing your motherboard model/make is essential for us to know if that's the case. Then we can work from there.

Reactions: Yassine20
Oct 28, 2022
CPU-z is a program that allows you to read the data from the CPU to tell exactly which CPU it is. It's very straight forward.

It may be that your bios needed to be updated to take the new CPU. Knowing your motherboard model/make is essential for us to know if that's the case. Then we can work from there.
So abt the cpu-z it tells that my cpu hv 4 cores & 8 threads

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Was 10400 an upgrade? If it was, what was previous cpu?

Again, what's your motherboard?

If cpu was upgraded, check number of processors in msconfig. See below link how to get there.

Link shows how to set number of processors. But if the box is already ticked (which im hoping is the case) untick it and reboot. Don't need to set these values as Windows automatically runs cpu and all cores by default. Unless cpu was upgraded from a lower core cpu, Windows may set number of processors itself.

Reactions: Yassine20
Oct 28, 2022
Was 10400 an upgrade? If it was, what was previous cpu?

Again, what's your motherboard?

If cpu was upgraded, check number of processors in msconfig. See below link how to get there.

Link shows how to set number of processors. But if the box is already ticked (which im hoping is the case) untick it and reboot. Don't need to set these values as Windows automatically runs cpu and all cores by default. Unless cpu was upgraded from a lower core cpu, Windows may set number of processors itself.
yea actually but the last cpu was r5 & i changed the cpu & the mb too, i hv now h510m i guess
also i didnt reinstall win i just gos with the old one ..

Last edited: