Question i5-10500T for budget gaming PC build?

Nov 8, 2022
I have an old work optiplex micro 3080 with this CPU, I'm building a budget gaming PC for my kid's Christmas present. I already found an $88 CAD MSI Z490 motherboard I bought in a sale.
PC Part Picker doesn't have the T series as an option so I can't check compatability of everything, list below, any issues with the RAM or gaming? I've seen the 500T seem to get decent frame rates on youtube but it seems pretty rare to use this CPU?

MSI Z490-A-Pro
Vengence Pro-SL 2x8gb @ 3200 CL16
Asus Tuf 1660Ti OC 6gb
450W Bronze EVGA (got this free, I know it's not idea but that's why i went with a 1660 for low power?)
MSI MAG coreliquid 240R (massive overkill just trying to be cool and impress the kid! ha)

thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
The i5-10500T shows up in the motherboard's support CPU's list here;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z490-A-PRO/support#cpu
though you'll need to make sure you have at least this BIOS version which should be on the board at this point of time. Might want to contact the seller of the MSI board to double check what BIOS it was last on.

How old would the EVGA PSU be at this point? If it's brand new and you got it for free(bundled) then no worries there.

Nov 8, 2022
The i5-10500T shows up in the motherboard's support CPU's list here;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z490-A-PRO/support#cpu
though you'll need to make sure you have at least this BIOS version which should be on the board at this point of time. Might want to contact the seller of the MSI board to double check what BIOS it was last on.

How old would the EVGA PSU be at this point? If it's brand new and you got it for free(bundled) then no worries there.
Thanks, I'll make sure I have a USB ready with the BIOS to update first thing when I boot it up. It was a new board just bought off Amazon.ca, I couldn't believe it dropped to $88 for like an hour and I got one.
PSU is also new in box, bought from FB from a guy who was shipped two by mistake so he sold it for $30 and fit my needs.
My question is how to make sure the CPU boosts to it's max speed on a regular basis, my concern was it would operate at the lower end being a low powered T series?

Reactions: Lutfij

TRENDING THREADS