Question I5 10600k 5ghz thermal oc problem after ram oc.

papasito_gringo

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2014
Hello all, so I decided to OC my i5 10600k un a simple method. 50 per core, ring ratio 40 and voltage adaptive + offset, of +0.030. Benched CPU at 87 max core temp one one core only, 3 hours of cod modern warfare 84 max on that highest core, Poe 87 max hour play on same highest core, give or take all core average "max" 83-85.

Everything went fine, so I read an easy way to use MSI bios to OC the ram using try it now! With xmp still on, checking try it now! I guess xmp profile would be skipped to the later. The ram is Corsair RGB pro 3200. I thought I would start slow and go to 3400, and let MSI decide. Reboot, error on ram, three options to choose from. I picked go to last known working, well that put me back and default bios.

I then clicked xmp, of CPU only the same way, started off easy bench of cpu-z, watched in hwmonitor my temps got to 97 on highest core and also two other cores went to red low 90's. What is going on here, why can't I do the simple oc now, why is this red lining? Did it default bios and also perhaps changed something else. I used bios straight out of the box and didn't tinker with nothing else, except the game mode, then enhanced turbo, then off with that and onto the OC above. Sorry for long post, but I know their are smart brains here that needs details. Please help, ty.
PS. Looks like voltage was 1.35-1.48 range but can't swear by exact. At work atm.

papasito_gringo

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2014
Since no one offered to help, even though Mobo was supposed to be defaulted it must have glitched, I manually told the Mobo to default and reset cpu parameters and max core is 88 on high intensive stuff offset stable 0.040 volts. 5 ghz