[SOLVED] i5 10600K CPU doesn't down clock with power windows power setttings

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Seems like my new CPU doesn't want to down clock even with a 1% minimum power setting in windows power management power state, is this normal behavior or am i missing something here?

i5 10600K @ Auto in bios.
B460M D3H Motherboard.

Solution
Windows power plan have a limited influence on ur cpu, foxus on checking bios settings first. Load default setting in bios and make sure you have newest version (F4 I think in case of ur motherboard). Instead of assuming auto did everything good double check eist, c-state and other cpu numbing stuff in on and cpu ratio is not set to fixed. If nothing helps you might just have something running in the background that's eating up ur cpu, keep in mind that even 10%-11% load will likely trigger turbo boost.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Windows power plan have a limited influence on ur cpu, foxus on checking bios settings first. Load default setting in bios and make sure you have newest version (F4 I think in case of ur motherboard). Instead of assuming auto did everything good double check eist, c-state and other cpu numbing stuff in on and cpu ratio is not set to fixed. If nothing helps you might just have something running in the background that's eating up ur cpu, keep in mind that even 10%-11% load will likely trigger turbo boost.

Reactions: dchen2105
Solution

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I Read you, done most of that, doesn't seem to be the issue here as a matter of a fact I am now not even sure there is an issue to be honest, by looking at HWiNFO the CPU Package Power goes as low as 4.308W and at the same time in task manager with zero % load clock speed stays well above 4.10Ghz.

Its kind of cool how this new technology CPU operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.